Java / Oracle Portal Developer – Region: Rotterdam
Is IT your passion, and do you want to be part of the technology innovator? Then you just might be IHC’s new Java / Oracle Portal Developer!
As Java / Oracle Portal Developer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining a state of the art portal where real-time insight can be gained in the construction and development of the ship. The portal will display a combination of data from our ERP, PLM, CRM and other systems. It is built in Oracle Portal in combination with Oracle ADF, JET and AutoVue.
Your primary objective is to change the application environment according to new business requests, in order to connect business processes and information flows with the underlying data and infrastructure. You will work directly with your colleagues in IT and throughout Royal IHC. Within this role, your duties will include the following:
- Connecting applications within IHC;
- Gaining an understanding of the business process in order to build smart solutions to support it;
- Taking responsibility for changes to the environment;
- Managing changes and the people who support you;
- Rectifying incidents and ensuring access to applications according to the SLA;
- Changing the application via our management process (Agile/Scrum);
- Managing our partner, Oracle, for the changes within your responsibility.
To be eligible for the position of Sr. Java / Oracle Portal Developer, you must have the following:
- A bachelor level of education (HBO) in information technology;
- Knowledge of and experience with Java, HTML and CSS;
- An understanding of Oracle packages and HTML5 is advantageous;
- Knowledge of ITIL, ASL/PRINCE2, Scrum;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a high degree of creativity;
- A high level of motivation, flexibility, and initiative;
- Experience working in large complex application environments;
- Excellent communication skills.
Royal IHC is the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, they do not stop there. For every ship, they have also developed advanced equipment which is integrated seamlessly. In addition, life-cycle support is offered to their customers, available worldwide and for the entire lifetime of their products.
The IT department is expanding and have planned exiting and innovative projects for the coming years.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging fulltime job as a Java / Oracle Portal Developer within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, they offer you :
- A competitive salary;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Travel allowance;
- Profit share;
- Excellence Pensionplan;
- Training courses;
- At least 40 holiday days per annum
- Robert Hagen
- M: +31 6 2825 9717
- T: +31 88 044 2000
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org