Java Software Engineer – Region: Rotterdam
As Java Software Engineer, you have a great opportunity to build a complete new way of working.
The organisation is the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, they do not stop there. For every ship, they have also developed advanced equipment which is integrated seamlessly. In addition, life-cycle support is offered to their customers, available worldwide and for the entire lifetime of their products.
The IT department is expanding and have planned exiting and innovative projects for the coming years.
We are looking for an Software Engineer to join their international, multicultural, Software Development team, currently consisting of six other developers. You will be responsible for the design, build and maintenance of secure portals/apps, as well as integrated solutions that are built on Java technology. Presently, this includes WebCenter Portal, Oracle JET, Oracle AutoVue and Fishbowl. If you don’t currently have knowledge of these frameworks/products, this is not a problem as they can provide full training. However, you must have experience of building portals in another relevant Java-based platform. This should not only be web-based, but preferably in relation to mobile apps and offline portals too. Since these portals integrate data from various ERP, PLM, CRM and other systems or (cloud-based) services, it is important to learn and develop an overview of the complete IT landscape. The portals support different business processes within the organisation. In the near future, the portal will also support their external customers. You will enjoy regular contact with the colleagues in the IT organisation and throughout IHC. You will also have a passion for creating smart new solutions in a dynamic organisation. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Connecting applications (on office-based servers or in the cloud);
- Gaining an understanding of their business processes and building smart solutions to support them;
- Acting as the change owner for the adaptations you propose;
- Managing the implementation of changes and overseeing the people required to support you in achieving them;
- Fixing incidents according our service level agreements;
- Changing applications via our change management process (Agile/Scrum).
To be eligible for the position of Software Engineer, you must have:
- A HBO level of education in Information Technology;
- Knowledge of Java, html, xml, css, Java scripting and source control;
- Experience of Oracle WebCenter Portal, JET and/or AutoVue (desirable);
- Strong problem-solving skills with a high degree of creativity;
- A highly motivated approach and be a natural networker;
- The ability to be flexible, adjust to project demands and take the initiative;
- A committed attitude towards delivering the optimal service/product;
- Experience in the manufacturing industry (desirable).
Please note, only candidates that qualify for EU work visa will be considered. An online assessment and screening may form part of the recruitment process.
The organisation offers you as Java Software Engineer a challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, they offer you:
- A competitive salary;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Travel allowance;
- Profit share;
- Excellence Pensionplan;
- Training courses;
- At least 40 holiday days per annum
- Robert Hagen
- M: +31 6 2825 9717
- T: +31 88 044 2000
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org